- Monitor heat illness on the field, in the water, or on the racetrack.
- Measure core body temperature in players wearing uniforms.
- Compare brief high-intensity workouts to prolonged endurance training.
- Evaluate the effects of extreme environments on the body.
- Compare the productivity of players in hot and cold environments.
- Track changes of core body temperature during exercise and at rest.
- Monitor open-water swimmers who are exposed to cold water for extended periods of time.
- Supervise new players for the first 14 days for full acclimatization to the heat.
- Monitor heat illness during training or live situations.
- Evaluate the effect uniforms have on core temperature.
- Identify rising core body temperatures before they reach a dangerous level, especially for at-risk individual.
- Supervise new firefighters for the first 14 days for full acclimatization to the heat.
- Evaluate the effect of extreme environments.
- Measure core temperature decrease during ice water immersion.
RESEARCH & MEDICINE
- Monitor patients during recovery from surgery, recovery, or in ICU.
- Observe the course of a fever during illness.
- Measure temperature changes throughout the female reproductive cycle.
- Assess thermoregulatory responses during daily living.
- Measure temperature changes during sleep studies.
- Supervise new employees for their first 14 days of acclimatization.
- Observe laborers wearing uniforms & heavy equipment.
- Great for workers using fly-in, fly-out schedules that need monitoring during re-acclimatization.
- Monitor core body temperatures to increase productivity.
- Acclimate new recruits to extreme temperatures.
- Observe soldiers wearing uniforms and heavy equipment.
- Monitor open-water soldiers who are exposed to cold water for extended periods of time.
- Measure core body temperature of military working dogs.