Wireless Core Body Temperature Monitoring Data Recorder
The CorTemp® Monitoring System features the ingestible temperature sensor which monitors, records, and reports core body temperature.
“CorTemp is a valuable tool that helps us prevent heat illness in our players. It alerts our Sports Health staff about situations that could potentially become dangerous.”
~ Head Athletic Trainer, Division I College
Accurate core body temperature reveals vital information when monitoring and preventing heat stroke in athletes on the field.
Accurate core body temperature measurement is critical when monitoring athletes in hot environments. Research indicates that external methods of temperature measurement, such as tympanic, temporal, or other measurement devices are not accurate in assessing core body temperature during intensive activity in the heat. The CorTemp® System will enable you to monitor your at-risk athletes and evaluate the effectiveness of cooling methods so cooling can be applied to the athletes that need it the most.
Our CorTemp® Ingestible Core Body Temperature Sensor wirelessly transmits core body temperature as it travels through the digestive tract. The sensor’s signal passes harmlessly through the body to the CorTemp Data Recorder worn on the outside of the body. 262 kHz or 300 kHz.
Accurate core body temperature measurement is critical when monitoring first responders in hot environments. Research indicates that external methods of temperature measurement, such as tympanic, temporal, or other measurement devices are not accurate in assessing core body temperature during intensive activity in the heat. The CorTemp System will enable you to monitor your at risk first responders and evaluate the effectiveness of cooling methods so cooling can be applied to the first responders that need it the most.
Contact Us / Ordering
Contact us at directly using our general contact information listed below, or fill out the Contact Form to the right and we will get back to you shortly.
210 9th Street Dr. West
Palmetto, FL 34221
CorTemp® Data Recorder
The data recorder detects the signal from the CorTemp sensor, then displays and stores the data in memory. The unit can be preprogrammed manually or via the CorTrack® II software.
A clinician can easily transfer the recorder’s data directly to a PC platform where the data can be imported into Excel® or similar spreadsheet program for analysis. The data recorder will monitor up to 99 different CorTemp sensors. The recorder can be worn by a subject for continuous monitoring or can be used to take random, manual readings of multiple subjects in a field or laboratory setting.
- Monitor heat illness on the field, in the water, or on the racetrack
- Measure core body temperature in players wearing uniforms
- Compare brief high-intensity workouts to prolonged endurance training
- Evaluate the effects of extreme environments on the body
- Compare the productivity of players in hot and cold environments
- Track changes of core body temperature during exercise and at rest
- Monitor open-water swimmers who are exposed to cold water for extended periods of time
- Supervise new players for the first 14 days for full acclimatization to the heat
- Monitor heat illness during training or live situations
- Evaluate the effect uniforms have on core temperature
- Identify rising core body temperatures before they reach a dangerous level, especially for at-risk individuals
- Supervise new firefighters for the first 14 days for full acclimatization to the heat
- Evaluate the effect of extreme environments
- Measure core temperature decrease during ice water immersion
RESEARCH & MEDICINE
- Monitor patients during recovery from surgery, recovery, or in ICU
- Observe the course of a fever during illness
- Measure temperature changes throughout the female reproductive cycle
- Assess thermoregulatory responses during daily living
- Measure temperature changes during sleep studies